I was born in Harare, Zimbabwe (formerly Salisbury, Rhodesia) in 1959 and at various points in my life have earned from and worked as a soldier, a computer analyst programmer, database administrator, systems administrator, osteopath and naturopath, artisan soap maker, lorry driver, information security analyst, yoga and meditation teacher, writer, proof reader, Digital Marketer specialising in conversational commerce (chatbots), copywriting and strategy.
10+ years experience in Information Security and governance at technical and management level in small and large companies, experience and exposure across all ten CISSP knowledge domains, 30+ years broad IT technical and management background, lead role in achievement of PCI-DSS compliance, ISO 27001 ISMS Lead Auditor certified, Security Program development. Digital Marketing specialising in automated chat sequences in Facebook Messenger and Instagram, copywriting and marketing strategy (everything in marketing needs to fit together).
Key education, training, certifications
• Copywriting with Alex Cattoni • Chatmatic - Pro Academy (2021)
• HGV Driver • CISA • ISO27001 ISMS Lead Auditor (2012)
• CISM (2011) • CISSP (2007)
• ITIL Practitioner (2016) • MS SQL Server / Informix Database Admin
• MS Windows Server Admin • CEH
• Cisco Firewall Admin • Redhat/AIX/Linux Admin
• Diploma in Osteopathy - DO (1996)
• Diploma in Naturopathy - ND (1996)
• Diploma in Proofreading and Copy Editing
• BSc - Computer Science / Economics (Durban South Africa, 1984)
“Anatomy of a Marketing Action Plan. The essential guide to developing a Marketing Strategy and Action Plan“
Dale Spence, Genesis Digital Marketing, ISBN 978-1-3999-1891-6 (2022)
El inglés de la calle (Spanish Edition) ISBN 978-8416097111 (2014)